Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Well the month of December, as always, has been incredibly busy. With 6 birthdays, 1 anniversary, Christmas and new years. So glad to be getting back to normal and looking forward to starting the gym soon.

Well Christmas and my Birthday were very fruitful for craft related things. After talking about needle felting so much I ended up getting two needle felting sets for Christmas. I'm really please as it means I won't run out any time soon. The kits are awesome, lots of cool colours and instructions of how to use the needles. On Christmas eve (as I got one set early) I had a play and made this bunny. I'm looking forward to experimenting more with this later :)

 For my Birthday I received these amazing iron in labels for my crafty goods.
My sister in law Claire knows me very well as I love the fabric and the font. So excited to use them.
I also received some lovely buttons and yarn so I have some exciting new projects to start soon and a candle making kit.

As this festive season has been so busy I have been very organised with meal planning. I raided Pinterest for slow cooker meals, bought all the ingredients, put them in pre-prepared zip lock bags and froze them, so all I had to do was take them out of the freezer and into the slow cooker in the morning and dinner would be sorted.

I made a weeks worth of meals including:
Philly Cheese Steak *
Chilli Shredded Chicken
7up Chicken
Mustard Maple Chicken *
Sweet and Sour Chicken

Ones with Stars next to them we have tried and are Boyfriend approved. I also froze my normal Beef stew and Turkey Burgers. Last night we tried Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes They were lovely though a strange effect was that the flesh of the potato turned a golden colour. I'm looking forward to doing this more as it was only an hour of prep for a really easy and delicious week of food. Just need to find more recipes!



No comments:

Post a Comment